PLUMBERS LOCAL 55 APPRENTICESHIP
HOW TO SIGN UP FOR AN APPRENTICESHIP
Steps of an Application:
Step 1 – Apply in person on the 3rd Monday of every month between 10:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.
Step 2 – Provide Information listed below
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Drivers License or State I.D. (18 or older)
- Documentation that proves that you are allowed to work in the United States – i.e. Birth Certificate/Social Security Card/Passport
*If you fail to provide this information you will not move on to step 3.
Step 3 – Take Sequential Employment Testing
- If you score a high or good in all categories, it is a passing grade.
- If you score a caution in any one category, you will_need to reapply.
Step 4 – Take 3rd party Joint Apprenticeship Training Assessment Testing ($35.00)
- If you score a 4.5 or above in all categories, it is a passing grade.
- If you score below a 4.5 in any one category, you will need to reapply.
Step 5 – Test results will be mailed within 3 weeks of test date.
Step 6 – Receive a letter with your personal interview date and time.
Step 7 – Personal interview at the Plumbers Local 55 Training Center.
* If you fail to appear for your personal interview you will need to reapply.
Step 8 – Selection of Apprentices
* If you are not selected, your score remains good for 2 years from your personal interview date.
Step 9 – New Apprentices will be sent out on jobs after completion of physical and drug screening.